• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bug report: Illustrator CC 2015 export artboards to svg

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In new illustrator CC 2015 when I need to save every artboard as svg files (File--->save as..---> svg--> use artboard...) - the files is null (no artwork in the saved files). When I save and did not choose "use artboard" I can see artwork in saved svg.

When I open the same file in Illustrator CC 2014 - I can save artboard as svg without any problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Hi,

We have released a patch 19.0.1 that fixes the issue being discussed on this thread. Please apply the patch from your creative cloud application. The creative cloud application checks for update once a day hence you may not see the update right away.  If you want to force the check for an update early please logout and log back into the Creative Cloud application.

Link to the release notes of 19.0.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-2015-crash-bug-fixes-19-0-1.html

If you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 106 Replies 106
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little convoluted, but they're trying to keep their email address free from bots.

share_with_ai at adobe dot com

remove the underscores.

Now you are enlightened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  That reply has worked many times before.

I think we've frustrated drawingbuddy a bit too much to have him decrypt a bot safe forum post. Hopefully we can get him sorted out soon.

--Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Got it now. No offence meant. It might help if there was a little explanation that you are obfuscating an email address.

I'm no noob and it wasn't clear to me, which means others stumbling on this post could also end up confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem. No offence taken.

--Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this patch only fixing the svg issue? What else is it fixing? Because there are a billion bugs I've experienced so far. The program overall is unstable and does weird unpredictable things, it lags, it sucks. I'm still using my 2014 version while this 2015 version sits there useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG export is fixed! Thanks for your attention to this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after the latest update, it does not work correctly.

At least I have now a picture but instead of the previous 3kb it’s become 18 kb, do I have to change the settings now after this update?

We have to use this export a lot in our project and I’m quit depending on it, what do you advise? back to the 2014 version again?

kind regards Elvire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do mean: back to CS6 instead of CC 2014 of course

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elvire,

Could you please share the details of the file size problem? Are you saying that the same document when saved to SVG is bigger in size as compared to older versions?

Does it happen with all files? If it is specific to a file could you please share the file with us? share_with_ai at adobe dot com (without the underscores)

- Yogesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yogesh, the strange thing is that only artboard 53 does have this problem (I have 100 artboards) . When I export it from another artboard like 54, it’s ok. I haven't change the settings but on "53" he makes a .png within the svgScreen Shot 2015-07-16 at 11.12.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elvire,

Thanks for sharing the file. One of our engineers has responded to you on the email with the details. The file size difference between the two SVG is due to an image in hidden layer. If you remove that image and then export, the size would be similar.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guys serious? I have used CC 2015 for only 2 days now and I've experienced about 5 different things that are horribly wrong with it, and this svg thing is the only thing people are freaking out about?

Illustrator CC 2015 is super super buggy. Everything lags when you select things, try to move things. My layers palette gets all jumbled. You guys blew it with CC 2015. I'll be using 2014, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rolled back to 2014 illustrator. I'm happy since the 2015 brought little that was helpful. So far all the other 2015 updates seem stable. I too have a shopping list of failed features on Illustrator 2015, but most have already been outlined on this and other forums.
Most of all I have lost trust that Adobe is working for me. I will never update anything until I am satisfied the crap has been pulled out.f

I would add that if we were still on purchase rather than subscription I would never pay for this mess. 2015 is a failed update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the problems is that I can't just go back and install CC2014. The document I'm working on is multi-page created in CC2015 . When I try opening that document in CC2014, it says I'm going to lose data and then restricts me to opening just one art board at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LeBay schrieb:

One of the problems is that I can't just go back and install CC2014. The document I'm working on is multi-page created in CC2015 . When I try opening that document in CC2014, it says I'm going to lose data and then restricts me to opening just one art board at a time.

Downsave it.

"Save as" and then the version you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.  I am the pattern designer that needs to save files in the .svg format so that my customers can bring them into the Silhouette software and create files for cutting.  I was very excited to try the new fix today.  I downloaded the .19 version of illustrator and spent all day designing.  Tonight I thought I'd see how the new .svg fix works and it doesn't.  At least not for me.  I can bring an .svg into Silhouette, but even though the original file is outline, the file that shows up is filled in.  You cannot see any of the detail in order to cut it out.  Thus, letters A, O, B.... don't work.  They look like great big blobs.  In fact, evrything I designed today looks like a great big blob.   Any ideas? Am I doing somehitng wrong?  This was so easy up unitl a month ago.  While I am writing this, I am trying to downlaod the 2014 version.  My first attempt to revert to 2014 did not work and I have been using CS6.  Fingers crossed, this second attempt will work.  Not sure what to do.  $49 a month for something that doesn't work for me is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version indicates it is 19.0.1. The, "Save as" SVG feature did work for me. You might try the various SVG save options.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!  I just went back into CS6 and looked at all the settings.   I replicated these in CC2015 and saved the file.  It now opens up perfectly in Silhouette!!! I made a few chnages but I beleive that changing the CSS Properties to Presentation Attributes was the chnage that made the difference.  Again, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG export is STILL broken. I'm using the latest version of Illustrator CC 2015.

It's not trimming artboards (ie. EACH svg contains the entire document graphics).

I know the original issues were from back in June, but the engineering / product teams haven't been getting to a LOT of issues across Illustrator.

It's SO frustrating because Illustrator was a tool of choice for me: it WAS THE industry standard. It's almost laughable using it in a studio setting… CRASHES, BUGS, EXPORT ISSUES. (Multiple machines, multiple os's, multiple users.)

PLEASE FIX THIS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding another voice to say that save as SVG with multiple artboards is still broken. Using the most updated version of Illustrator CC 2015.

Ends up saving multiple files, as expected, however all of them are blank, no data.

PLEASE update us on when this will be fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryanglenjames,

Can you share your file and details with us at the email address share_with_ai at Adobe dot com? (remove the underscores and spaces)

We will have a look at it.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Illustrator 19.2.0 64 bits.

SVG export is still broken !

PLEASE FIX THIS !

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bertrand,

Will it be possible for you to share the files with which you are observing the issue ? If yes then please do share with ShareWithAI@adobe.com.

What steps you are performing to Export the file to SVG ? i.e. File >> Save AS (SVG Format) or File >> Export (SVG Format)

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghuveer,

Steps : File >> Export (SVG Format, Use artboard (all))

Nothing is happening...

Goal : Export each artboard as a svg file

Whatever the file that I realize (new file, old complex file, etc.), whatever the combination of SVG options panel, each time the same thing : nothing.

Capture.PNG

Reminder : Windows 7 Pro 64 bits Illus 19.2.0

I send you an email with my file.

Thanks & Regards,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peeps

I'm not sure if this has been suggest but I have a possible work around to solve your woes.  It's slightly annoying to say the least but the result is SVG's.

File | Save a Copy | EPS + use artboards.

Close the current file.

Open all of the EPS files back into illustrator.

File | Scripts | SaveDocsAsSVG

Pick a folder | Open

You now should have all your artboards in SVG format.  Pain the ass but it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines