• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe Illustrator fit my requirements in this circumstances?

New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone. I have some special needs that necessitate over 170000 brush paths on a single canvas. Right now, Illustrator demonstrating a huge input lag at the moment I switch to that canvas, which is basically not drawable at all. and when i check the resources monitor, looks like my 13700k just has 2 cores with around 80%–90% usage, others just about 10%, RAM usage below 40%, not to mention SSD usage is nearly 0%. So I'm guessing the bottleneck in this situation is Illustrator itself. any advice about this? or should I use another vector editor? Any recommendation would be a huge help! Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of brushes are they?

Because with most of Illustrator's brushes there is no alternative application that even has it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not so sure about which kind. I just checked the document info panel, and it says around 170000 brushed objects. I guess I should pretend the circumstances are a new file that will require that amount of curves or paths. Can Illustrator handle it or is there any other vector software I should consider?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the brushes necessary? Or would strokes paths do?

Did you just use brushes, because they jave been applied automatically through the brush tool?

It would really help to see what it is. And the kind of brushes. They amount of paths could slow down Illustrator. And if you do not have sufficient power in your computer (RAM, processor, graphic card, disk space), it will do that even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, and here are some screenshots. Frankly, I personally think this should be done in Photoshop bitmaps because it's basically just artwork. but the co-worker specifically notices that it must be completed in a vector graph. And the result is a completely unacceptable lag. 

image_2024_05_16T00_46_12_188Z-1.png

image_2024_05_16T00_44_29_629Z-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. 

I would really question why that has to be vector artwork.

But: those brushes are art brushes, right? And there is a blend in them? How many steps are there in the blend? And can it be fewer steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This overburdens Illustrator. Specifically if you are editing many or all of the 170000 brush strokes at once. No matter how much RAM you actually have.

If you are just going to add other objects in that composition, I'd recommend to copy the file, rasterize the entire bunch of brush strokes and when you're done copy your work into the original file that contains the live brush strokes.

If that is no sufficient route to go, you may share the original Illustrator file for inspection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manually creat the 170000 brush paths? If they are copies, a Static Symbol would be more efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid to say I think it really does have 170000 amounts of manual-brushed objects; screenshots are above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am impressed. But not surprised that it is slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines