Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Export My Shortcut keys?

Engaged ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a set of shortcut keys, I've going to be using a different mac for the next couple of weeks - can i export these shortcut keys and then add them to Ai on a different computer?

When I google this subject it just brings up loads of info on how to set shortcut keys etc

Kind regards,

Paul.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

You need to open the Library folder in your user folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export all your settings via Edit > Export settings.

Or you can just save the shortcut set and then grab it from the folder where it gets saved in the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

I've got them saved already, where is the folder where it gets saved to?  I can't seem to find it?  I'm on a Macbook.

Thanks

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Apple thinks you can't handle the Library, you need to press the Alt key, then select Go To > Library. In there, open the Preferences folder, then the Illustrator [whatever the version] preferences. Look for a .kys file with the name you set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

I don't know what you mean Monika - the alt key thing doesn't work on the latest Mac OSX  I can get to library by going to Go > Library but there isn't any thing in there for illustrator?

Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Preferences folder?

You need to first go into Preferences, then into Illustrator Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Below is an image of the folders path  - I can't see the folder / path you mean?filepath.png

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to open the Library folder in your user folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika, I've found it now under Users as suggested.  You're a star.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Glad you could solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever said "You can export all your settings via Edit > Export settings."........I don't see that option anywhere in Premiere 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to have posted in the wrong forum. This is the Illustrator forum, not Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monica, I have just purchased a new MAC Book Air M2, and successfully installed Audition CC. However, I can't manage to export my short cut settings, in spite of following the above directions. Is there an incompatibility issue with the new Silicon chip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines