• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i fill in transparent area with a fill color?

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this image i'm working on of a pigs head where the eyes and the snout is transparent and i am trying to figure out if i can put a fill color in. Basically i want it to be white and unsure how to go about that because of the transparency.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to turn on or adjust Gap detection. Object  Live paint > Gap options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the object is a Compound Shape (likely), you can either release it (Object > Compound Path > release), or just select the two eye shapes and Cut them, deselect what's left if necessary, then Paste in Front, so the eyes are separate form the full Compound object so you can color them separately. The first option will release all objects in the Compund, which may not be what you want; the second option allows you to be selective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make a new color object behind pig layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines