Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't align a stroke to inside

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I 've created a shape (Rectangle) , Applied a rounded corners, expand appearance, and a linear gradient.

After that i added a stroke in the appearance panel (2pt wide), filled it with white and when I wanted to align this stroke to inside

I can't.  The options "Align Stroke to inside" "Align Stroke to Outside" are greyed out .

What's wrong ?

Thank you

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Following your steps, I suspect you added a stroke at the group level. At the group level your option will be greyed out. Yo need to ungroup after your expand appearance.

Screen shot 2012-04-11 at 12.22.22 PM.png

Screen shot 2012-04-11 at 12.23.50 PM.png

Try using the appearance panel often, there are many very important features there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This glitch has just caused me to lose 5 hours of work after drawing a complicated floorplan and then finding out the client wants EXACT dimensions based on inside stroke measurement -  and this after cutting up the all the open paths for door openings. No way to re-align the stroke. Darn. 

By @rickwtexas

It's not "a glitch". It's how this works. Open paths don't have an inside or outside.

But still you can align the stroke to one side. By using variable width profiles. They can be aligned to just one side of the path and they don't need to be "variable".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select the object, go to "object" the click "expand", accept, and you are good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Vicente Tonat327953116kbb  schrieb:

Just select the object, go to "object" the click "expand", accept, and you are good to go.

Have you read the initial question? And there even is an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines