• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create new file illustrator 2023

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I open illustrator and select new file but I don't see the preset next to it?
I tried going to General > and selecting Use legacy "file new" but it still doesn't work and I can't create a new file.

Please help me

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is it?

Did you already try and reset the preferences? THis will erase all your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to Monika's answer:
There is a place in the Illustrator installation folder where all those presets are saved. It may be that this is corrupted?
Can you tell us what is the OS you are using (Mac, Windows and which version) so I can point you to the right folder to make sure all is where it should be?

Is it the same when you click on the "recent" tab? (assuming this is not your first document.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @LDCC27379784855j,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to know if resetting Ai preferences, as Monika suggested, helped or not? If not, would you mind trying the following steps and see if that helps:

• Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    MAC: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\
    Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  • If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall it from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden on macOS. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Anshul_Saini_0-1670362291194.png

If this doesn't help us, would you mind confirming the exact version of Illustrator along with the info asked by Imaginerie?

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines