• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't fill :/

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used pencil tool and curvature tool to create a shape. I have tried to fill it but it is not happening. I am very new to illustrator, this is one of the first practice lessons I'm doing.

I have been able to fill other shapes but for some reason the same method is not working. Select-fill.

Any advise is really appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Ensure you are working in Preview and not Outline mode. In Outline mode you won't be able to see the fill colour, but only the outlines of the shape you've created.

To switch back: View > Preview, or use the keyboard shortcut Cmd+Y (Mac) or Ctrl+Y (Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make sure that the shape you created is a closed path? If you can find two unconnected end points join them using the key command Command (Mac)/Control (PC)-J. Then when you select the shape you will be able to fill it. You may also be able to use the shape builder tool on it which you can learn about here: How to create shapes using the Shape Builder tool in Illustrator .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure you are working in Preview and not Outline mode. In Outline mode you won't be able to see the fill colour, but only the outlines of the shape you've created.

To switch back: View > Preview, or use the keyboard shortcut Cmd+Y (Mac) or Ctrl+Y (Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo simple.  And yet so many hours spent attempting to work it out.  Thank you so very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,this helped

I'm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you !!!  This was driving me insane. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines