• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't grab bezier control points

Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having increasing difficulty grabbing bezier control points - not the ends of segments, but the little round handles on the ends of the control tangents.

I used to make Illustrator fly but now I waste so much time grabbing, failing, grabbing again, accidentally deselectiing, selecting again, failing to grab yet again, grabbing again and again...

Even if i very carefully and slowly grab the point, Illustrator fails to notice and my mouse pointed slides off without moving it. I find it's particularly oe even more difficult to grab a point when its on or near a guide line.

I have looked in prefs and I think the selection anchor & display snap to and tolerance only apply to segment end points.

Am I missing something? Is it a bug? Is there a setting somewhere else I can fiddle with? Any suggestions?

Cheers,

K.

Adobe user since 1987 : Illustrator version 1.0.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously I was only having this problem on Windows. But with the latest version (24.2.1) it's the same issue on Mac. ie the cursor has to be precisely over a bezier curve handle to select it. So incredibly frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post bugs to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a few years and this bug is still there. One of the most annoying bugs I've seen during the 13 years I've used Illustrator.

Please vote for this bug report: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/39393367-select...

Adobe doesn't seem to care unless a report gets around a hundred votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having EXACTLY the same problem as stated above.  Thabk you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 8.38.30 PM.png 
Check -    Highlight Anchors on Mouse Over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines