Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move illustrator window on mac ventura

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't move my illustrator window, whenever i click on top bar to move it it shows window of a programe that is underneath it on my desktop. I reinstalled illustrator but it helped for like a second and then it happened again. 

I've updated my mac to ventura and I think it has sth to do with it. Anyone with similar issue?

(video in the attachment)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Hello All,

Thank you for your patience with this issue. We've been actively working on a possible fix, and we've just released the latest Beta build (version 28.1.87). Could you please give it a try and let us know if the problem is resolved with this version? Your feedback will help us ensure a smoother experience for you. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Anshul_Saini_2-1699361473200.png

Best,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight & notify you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Hello All,

I understand that many of you are experiencing an annoying issue with Illustrator on your MacBooks, where the application window moves behind everything when you attempt to move it. I appreciate your patience and the information you've shared about this problem.

To further investigate and potentially address this issue, it would be helpful to gather some additional details:

• Can each of you please confirm your macOS version? This will help determine if the issue is specific to ce

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't really see what's happening in your video. Can you please record this using Quicktime?

When you go to View > Application frame: is it turned on or off and does it make a difference when you change that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I tried it and it fixed a problem for one day but now it started again. Here is another video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @agatab5527235,

It appears that there may be some interference from other applications causing issues with Illustrator. To troubleshoot this, please try running Illustrator and your browser in Safe Mode (https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/start-up-your-mac-in-safe-mode-mh21245/mac) to see if the issue persists. If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode, it's likely that one of your third-party applications is causing the issue. You may need to selectively disable or uninstall these applications to resolve the problem. Please let us know if this helps, and feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @agatab5527235,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. I hope the suggestions shared by Monika helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try running Illustrator under a different administrator account (https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/add-a-user-or-group-mchl3e281fc9/mac). If you don't mind, could you please follow the steps and share your observations with us? We appreciate your time and effort in helping us resolve this issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried changing the account and it worked allright on other. Then when I switched to mu current it got fixed. But not sure how long will it last - it happened before that it was ok and then suddenly issue came back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Stage Manager?. If you're using it, try turning it off.
Applications that do not support full screen on macOS (such as Illustrator and Photoshop) behave strangely in Stage Manager. 
Perhaps, but it seems better not to use the Stage Manager unless full screen is supported.

Note). Maximizing Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. is different from full screen. Bridge is not supported either.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get exactly the same thing, it's driving me crazy! I get it on two machines (M1 max Macbook Pro running Ventura and M1 max Mac Studio running Ventura). Haven't noticed it with InDesign or Photoshop but definitely the latest version of Illustrator. I also use Wacom tablets on both machines but the tablet doesn't have to be plugged in for Illustrator to still do this when using the mouse or trackpad on the Macbook Pro. I really hope we get an answer to this soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Did you find a way to solve the issue? I have got the same problem, and it drives me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. I have also found Photoshop is doing the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it's only Illustrator. Photoshop and Indesign are just fine. Sometimes, for a few minutes, it doesn't do it and then it's back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way I'm not using Stage Manager with either machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there more than one monitor connected?

How are they set up in the monitor preferences and does it change anything when you set up the primary monitor differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With me it's just the one monitor of each machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have only one monitor and I dont use stage manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you restart and try to replicate this? One of your other open apps may be causing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been doing this on the Macbook Pro for some months now (possibly since upgrading to Ventura). Only just got the Mac Studio and installed everything fresh, no transfering from the old Mac to the new one, and that does it too. Just tried restarting and it still does it with just Safari and Illustrator open. I was wondering if it was perhaps the Wacom driver as I use a tablet on each machine. Different tablets, so it may be the driver? I've been searching for a while for anyone with the same problem and this is the first other case I've come across where it's exactly the same.

Richard Wise
Visual Brand Director
INTO University Partnerships

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @richardw59677702,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind confirming if you are able to replicate this issue when running Illustrator under Safe Mode (https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/start-up-your-mac-in-safe-mode-mh21245/mac)?

Also, kindly confirm the exact version of the OS/Illustrator and share a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...) so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav. Yes, I can confirm this also happens in Safe Mode with only Illustrator and finder running (just tried it). I'm running Ventura 13.2.1 and Illustrator 27.4. The effect is exactly the same as shown in the movies at the beginning of this thread.
I see there are updates for both Ventura and Illustrator so will try those and see if the problem goes or remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still doing the same with Mac OS 13.3.1 and Illustrator 27.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @richardw59677702,

We're sorry for the trouble. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue - it has been happening for some time now. This happens with Illustrator and Photoshop. Did you get a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not as far as I'm aware. Funnily enough I was lookinga gain to see if there was a solution this morning as it's so frustrating.  The link given to me above just takes you to a general Adobe help page where there is a Virtual Assistant you can chat with so didn't bother going any further than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a big irritant. Hopefully someone will look in here. TBH I didn't know how to describe the problem. 'Windows hiding'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happen with my illustrator.....:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines