• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save my work!!

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the first time. When I try to save my work for the first time (using any saving option) Illustrator does nothing...
Sometimes I can recover part of the work by quitting, but it doesn't always work.

I'm using Illustrator 26.5 on Mac OsX 12.5.1

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Hello Juan Carlos2592398892zd,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the suggestions shared by Bill helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly check if the files you are working on are saved to an external/network drive or a cloud-synced folder. If yes, kindly copy them to the desktop and check if it helps.

Also, try enabling Full Disk Access for Illustrator by following the steps shared in this article (https://support.avast.com/en-in/article/allow-mac-full-disk-access/#pc) and sharin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Illustrator preferences. This will reset the program to its defaults and possibly solve the issue.

To do so on a Mac:

For Macintosh Users: The User Library folder in which Illustrator’s preferences are stored is hidden by default on most Macintoshes. To access it make sure that Illustrator is closed and click on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N).With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (it’s the folder with an icon that looks like a house—it may have the user’s name rather than “Home”) and click on the Home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. “Library” will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the folder called “Adobe Illustrator <Version #> Settings” (earlier versions of Illustrator might just say “Adobe Illustrator”) and the file called “com.adobe.Illustrator.plist” and delete both that folder and that file. When Illustrator is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

The advantage of manually deleting preference in this files in this manner is that after you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, you can create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Juan Carlos2592398892zd,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the suggestions shared by Bill helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly check if the files you are working on are saved to an external/network drive or a cloud-synced folder. If yes, kindly copy them to the desktop and check if it helps.

Also, try enabling Full Disk Access for Illustrator by following the steps shared in this article (https://support.avast.com/en-in/article/allow-mac-full-disk-access/#pc) and sharing your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines