• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can`t save the illustration. You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000

Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m getting this error when trying to save a template to my local drive (File > save as template...)  Using MacOS sierra 10.12.4

I`m ok with saving out a normal .ai file, but not the template...have restarted illustrator with same issue when trying to save as template.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 5.01.32 pm.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 4.58.12 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Check your access privileges. Are you an admin?

Can you save the template somewhere else and then move it into that folder? Also: templates can be saved anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

I ran into this problem today (Aug 12, 2020) and my work around:
- Save the template to the desktop

- Open Finder
- Search for & open Templates folder in AI (there are 4 Template folders on my laptop in other apps)
- Drag the template icon into the Finder
- Input my password credentials to allow the move

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Go to template folder. Right-click and choose "get info." At the bottom, click the lock, enter your password, then add "Administrators" along with "read and write" privelages. Done. Will then work to save templates to that folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble this issue has caused. This generally happens when you don't have proper read & write permission to export/ save the file. We have created a small YouTube video to address permission issues in Illustrator.

Please perform the steps as showcased in the video on the folder you are trying to save and then give Illustrator "Full Disk Access" from the System Settings.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Casey26949534ey4h,

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing issues with saving your illustration. The error message "You do not have enough access privileges. ID: -5000" typically indicates a permissions issue with the location you're trying to save the file to.

To assist you further, could you please provide the following details:

1. The version of Adobe Illustrator & macOS
  2. The exact path or location where you're trying to save the illustration.

With this information, I'll be able to provide you with more specific guidance to help resolve the access privilege error you're encountering.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines