Copied

The brush option is greyed out and I can't select it

TOPICS
Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

hi the problem has been resolved.

Im using a Mac Sierra 10.12.6 with a Wacom Intuos pen CTL-480 on Illustrator CC.

Previously the pressure option was greyed out, so I re-installed (upgrade) the Wacom Drive to the newest available, and then I went to (I think it's called) Wacom Utility and removed all users. And I restarted the computer and the greyed out problem was gone.

螢幕快照 2018-02-10 下午9.48.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of brush are you trying to create? Is the brush option or the pressure option greyed out? Not all brushes offer pressure sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calligraphic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it should work. So then you may have to reinstall your Wacom tablet drivers - is it a Wacom? You may have to delete preferences and/Wacom drivers. I have heard this happens most with Window machines. If you reinstall the drivers in a MAC, you just restart and should be fine. If you reinstall on a Windows, you need to open the device manager with Illustrator still open, the Wacom plugged in and disable the tablet device - DO NOT UNINSTALL IT - you may want to use it later. Then you can set the pressure sensitivities and then go back and enable the Wacom again. This has been an ongoing problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable it with Device Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Windows machine, so I can't take any screenshots. But it would really help if you gave us more info about the system that you are using, the what OS, is it a Wacom? There is an article about getting Device Managers for different systems at https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to open it, I just can't find the Wacom tablet in there, I'm using Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Windows machine, but it is a device manager and should be there. Other than that, I'm afraid, I can't help. I know that this has occurred before and that this is the solution, just can't help you get there beyond that. Maybe try searching for it on the windows machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a Wacom tablet?

In that case: try a different version of the driver. Sometimes upgrading helps, and sometimes downgrading.

Is it a different brand?

In that case: try and install a Wacom driver on top of whatever driver is already there.

Not: this is a hack. It may or may not work.

In case it works: please do post which model of tablet you have and which Wacom driver you installed. This will help others. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issure. I am using a Fujitsu Q702 windows tablet pc, and I just installed Illustrator C6 and I go to use artistic calligraphic brush and it does not give me pressure as a size option. What drivers do I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drivers from fujitsu.

People  with the  pressure problem sometimes add a Wacom tablet driver to their computer, even though they don't have that device.

As this sometimes wakes up the pressure settings in Illustrator...

But its a long shot.

Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, I have an Intuos 4 and I installed the drivers for that and nothing. The pressure sensitivity works for Autodesk sketchbook, but not in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intuos 4 should work with illustrator with wacom latest drivers Drivers | Wacom . However it is recommended to have not install more than one type of touch driver to the machine . They may conflict and lead you  into many problems .

Can you please see if more than one type of wacom driver has been installed on your system .

If so, please remove user preferences for wacom using tablet  Preference File Utility and wacom should not be connected to system while un-installation  of wacom software. Also , please ensure restarting system after every uninstall and install of wacom drivers as suggested by wacom .

After installation wacom software, please connect wacom , wait for windows to make device ready to use. Then launch Illustrator. Hope it may help you.

If still you find issue. Please log a bug at Adobe Illustrator Feedback .

Thanks and Regards

Ashutosh Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Intuos works fine with Illustrator, the problem I am having is with my Fujitsu. The pressure sensitivity works with autodesk but not adobe. I installed the driver and attached my wacom and now I have the option to choose pressure, but it still does not effect the size of the lines created with my tablets stylus. The factory stylus does work with sketchbook, but not illustrator. I checked with Fujitsu and it is not a problem with their drivers. They said that if it works in one app and not another, then it is a problem with that program. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide details about your Fujitsu.

In case of wacom, When you selected pressure as option when wacom is connected, have you also changed variation value of the pressure? By default, it is 0 (zero) means no effect of pressure, you are needed to increment this as per your need and press OK to applyScreen Shot 2017-11-09 at 11.34.59 AM.png.

It should help you working with wacom and effect size variation with pressure.

We can have a connect session . You can send us mail to us mentioning your problem with Fujitsu at sharewithai@adobe.com.

Thanks and Regards

Ashutosh Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Fujitsu is a Q702 windows tablet. Like I said, the wacom is working fine and yes I did adjust the variation setting when using the wacom. The problem is when using the Fujitsu tablet and pen, even though I can now chose pressure as an option when adjusting the brush settings nothing actually changes in regards to the stroke width. I tried an experiment, I connected my wacom to my Fujitsu computer and started to draw. The program recognized the pen pressure from the intuos and it affected the stoke size, then using the tablets stylus and drawing directly on the screen without changing any settings or closing and reopening the program I began to draw and the program no longer recognized the difference in pen pressure and gave a uniform or "fixed" stroke. I tried the same test in another program and that program recognized the pressure sensitivity from both inputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem too, pen pressure is greyed out.

螢幕快照 2018-02-09 下午10.20.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aranl60712300  schrieb

I have same problem too, pen pressure is greyed out.

螢幕快照 2018-02-09 下午10.20.40.png

Do you have a graphic tablet?

Which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Wacom Intuos pen CTL-480.

The strange thing is the other work that I created last week and had a custom brush can use pen pressure.

But the new files can't.

I've tried re-installing the Wacom Program (upgrading to the newest), but it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using the Wacom Pen for the Surface Pro?

There seem to be a couple issues with it. If your previous brush worked, can you perhaps duplicate it and then edit the options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix this problems you must install your tablet driver. I hope this help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if am using a PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/withus+designgraphy  schrieb

What if am using a PC

This thread has solutions for everyone. Or no solutions at all. We can't know, because nobody ever marked anything as correct.

Please create a new thread, since this one is seriously messed up.

Please tell us your system and version of illustrator and tablet brand and model and what exactly the issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi the problem has been resolved.

Im using a Mac Sierra 10.12.6 with a Wacom Intuos pen CTL-480 on Illustrator CC.

Previously the pressure option was greyed out, so I re-installed (upgrade) the Wacom Drive to the newest available, and then I went to (I think it's called) Wacom Utility and removed all users. And I restarted the computer and the greyed out problem was gone.

螢幕快照 2018-02-10 下午9.48.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - This didn't work for me. 

Using Adobe Illustrator 24.0.1 Intuos Pro tablet, Wacom Driver 6.3.37-3 Mac OS Mojave - latest version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines