• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot associate .ase or .aia files to CC2018

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a PC and I do the Browse from the image here, choose Illustrator.exe but when I come back to this window it's not there. Same thing when I go through the Control Panel, Default Programsase.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to open/load via the application panel itself, not double click through the explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't like that in CC2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katherinereece  wrote

It wasn't like that in CC2017

It was for me.

So, with CC2017, after you successfully associated the extensions with Illustrator.exe, what would happen when you double clicked one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would open Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katherinereece  wrote

It would open Illustrator

Well, I could have predicted that part of your answer. The point is .ase is a swatch exchange file, and .aia is a set of Illustrator Actions, so exactly what does "open in Illustrator" mean for those file types?

• If you "open" an Actions file in Illustrator, you get a text file containing the script code for the actions within. I suppose if manually editing that was your objective, it could be of use.
  • Attempting to "open" an ASE file in Illustrator will just give you an "unknown format" message.

So you see, I can't help wondering what your objective might be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can open the ase files through the Illustrator Swatch panel and InDesign as well.  I have a lot of swatches I've downloaded and they are in my Appdata\Roaming....  I just copied them into the Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator, as I like to be able to see what I have without having to open another library and find them.  It might be because I had my downloaded swatches and ase files in the AppData\Roaming only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click the Browse button and look for the Illustrator application?

(Pretty sure you scrolled down to the part that we can't see, so I am not asking about that! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did, and I selected Illustrator.exe and then when I go back into the box it's not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they open via the panels in the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines