• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot create keyboard shortcuts on Mac Monterey for Illustrator 2022 (v26)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to create a shortcut for trim view in the System settings and immediately got this message when selecting Illustrator. Any clue why the latest incarnation of MacOS/Illustrator together won't do this? Thanks!

QuesoGrande_0-1635437744404.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. It seems the issue is at the macOS end. I have shared it with the product team. Once I get a response from them, I will get back to you. Was this working in macOS Big Sur?

However, as a workaround, you can assign custom keyboard shortcuts from within the Illustrator app.

Go to Edit Menu > Keyboard shortcut (ctrl+opt+cmd+k) > Select "Menu Commands" from the drop-down menu where "Tools" is selected by default > Type "Trim View" in the search bar or expand the "View" to reveal "Trim View" > Input your shortcut key combination using (cmd key + any other key) > Click Ok.

Restart Illustrator and the shortcut will start working. I hope it helps!

Anshul_Saini_0-1635534778558.png

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines