• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot place images into Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying for weeks and it won't work!

I tried File->Place, and also tried dragging the image directly into Illustrator. JPEG, PNG, PSD.. none working!!!!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled. It still won't work!

Is this a PC problem? Never had a problem before when I used Mac before.

How can I resolve this? I have to work on a project. Need help ASAP! 도와주세요!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

I had the same issue, but I solved it. Here s how it works: Go to your Illustrator-Click Edit-Click Preference-Select Scratch disk-Change the primary location to a disk that contains enough space for operation-Then restart your Illustrator-Then it should work!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

If you are running into this problem and you're using a version of Illustrator > 25.4.7 & < v26 you may have run into a problem where v25.4.8 cannot place pngs or recognize them. You may want to downgrade to 25.4.7. You can learn more about installing older versions of CC apps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Wow! Thank you, changing the disk location just helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running into this problem and you're using a version of Illustrator > 25.4.7 & < v26 you may have run into a problem where v25.4.8 cannot place pngs or recognize them. You may want to downgrade to 25.4.7. You can learn more about installing older versions of CC apps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was currently just experiencing this issue. Downgrading the version has fixed it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue with a trade show booth I was designing. I was working at 50%, but the placed image had to be 300 dpi. So you can imagine it was still a very large image. I was placing the image, but all I could see was a blank box. I tried just about everything suggested here and then some. What worked for me, in the end, was reducing the file size by cropping it as much as I possibly could in Photoshop (previously, I was using a clipping mask in Illustrator). Apparently, Illustrator has a max file size it will accept for a placed image. I have seen no documentation on this. Just going by my experience. I hope this info is helpful to someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you have not selected a layer that's locked in your layers panel. Unlocking or selecting a non-locked layer will allow you to place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines