Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant make a new file

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using window 11. 

Whenever i try to make a new file,  there is no set one. I can see only templates on New File menu.

Even i try to use "legacy start mode", it says it cant find something profile.

I reinstalled several time but it doesnt work.

TOPICS
Bug , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already reset the preferences? Does Illustrator have sufficient privileges to access the files on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i reset the preference few times but it didn't works. I don't understand about privileges to access the files on my computer. Can you explain me a more specific? I am using Window 11 OS. Photoshop 2024 works perfectly on my computer. Only Illustrator 2024 has problem. 

Version of Illustrator is 28.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @성민35022391flxm,

Apologies for the inconvenience you're facing. I second Monika's suggestion. Before diving into troubleshooting, could you please provide some details such as your operating system and Illustrator version? Additionally, if you could share a video or a few screenshots of the issue, it would greatly assist us in diagnosing and resolving the problem effectively. 

Best,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

35022391flxm_0-1714694288639.png

There is nothing but only online templates.

I am using Window 11 OS. Photoshop 2024 works perfectly on my computer. Only Illustrator 2024 has problem. 

Version of Illustrator is 28.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of the New Document dialog box, is Free Templates selected or is Recent selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try the Adobe Cleaner tool. It uninstalls and reinstalls but the process is a little different than the usual uninstall/reinstall because there is a BAT file that can fix errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines