• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas goes white and blue when selecting object.

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the most up-to-date version of illustrator and every time I try to click on any object or try to use the pen tool a weird glitch happens where my screen goes all white and then blue and then back to white. I've uninstalled the program a couple of times and even uninstall my entire Adobe CC from my iMac with no luck so far. I installed 24.3 and there are no issues so far.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

im having a similar issue, after reading your comment i have tried uninstall third-party plugin and reset the preferences, now the bug is gone, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Hi all, 

We're extremely sorry to hear about this trouble. I have raised this issue to the Product team and we need a few more details to proceed further with investigation on this issue. For example:

• Exact version of Illustrator.
  • Illustrator preferences folders from following loactions:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
    ~/Library/Preferences 
  • SPX file
    Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report   
    This will launch the System Profiler  
    Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just deleting the Preferences file worked for me. Before that I uninstalled Astute Graphics plugins and that had no effect. it was just a corrupt prefs file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my issue was also related to the Astute Graphics plugins. Something with Astute Graphics corrupted. Thankfully, this thread helped me narrow it down! It took me a while to get all of the Astute Graphics uninstalled,  preferences removed, and the Astute Graphics plist removed, but once I did, I reinstalled Illustrator, and it seems fine now. The plist was the last thing I removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on 25.4.1. This is super frustrating! I have uninstalled, reinstalled, unchecked animated zoom and the GPU. I even wiped the iMac and reinstalled everything. Not sure what else to do. This makes Illustrator unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try deleting the prefs file? It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Astute Graphics Manager and Illustrator then reinstalled both and that did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines