• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library swatches to document swatches palette missing names

Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So having set up a client's named brand colours in a CC Library I now want to add these colours to my Illustrator swatches which I do by selecting them, and using the contextual menu command 'Add colour to swatches' (unless there's a drag and drop or some other method...) adds them to the palette but with their CMYK breakdown Swatch Name not the original one in the CC Library.

Oddly enough, doing the same thing in InDesign does add them to the Swatches Palette with the original names.

I'm confused so if any kind soul out there could point me in the right direction...

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Global colors, gradients, brushes and pattern swatches are not supported in CC libraries and spot colors lose their Lab values and Book properties.

But as a workaround you can drag an object using a brush/pattern/gradient/spot or global color to the CC Library

You can also drag multiple items using different brushes/patterns/gradients/global colors together into a CC library to simulate a library.

The easiest way to add them to a new document is to hold down the Alt key when you drag them from t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the color names to kept, they need to be set as spot colors prior to dragging to library. In this case I am working on web and needed hex colors

MikeGondek_0-1666877220659.png

To get the name in Illustrator you need to prior to adding the color to library is to set as spot instead.

MikeGondek_1-1666877302318.png

MikeGondek_2-1666877369814.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are lucky, Mike.

After adding a spot color to a CC library, I lose the Lab values and Book  color mode.

After adding the same color from the library a few times in different documents, it evn loses the Spot attribute and becomes a normal non global process color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Global colors, gradients, brushes and pattern swatches are not supported in CC libraries and spot colors lose their Lab values and Book properties.

But as a workaround you can drag an object using a brush/pattern/gradient/spot or global color to the CC Library

You can also drag multiple items using different brushes/patterns/gradients/global colors together into a CC library to simulate a library.

The easiest way to add them to a new document is to hold down the Alt key when you drag them from the library and place them in a new document. The patterns/gradients/global colors automatically get added to your swatches panel.

You can hit escape before you click to place the object(s) or delete the dragged library items because the swatches and brushes are now part of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines