Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing font size, lines and text editing

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Am new to adobe suite but coping very well with a few problems.

Could anyone please help me with a simple step by step manual of how I can change font size, line thickness and editing text in adobe illustrator.

Your help is very much appresiated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2011 Mar 14, 2011

Paul,

Just a few tips which may be difficult to find through Help:

Type:

When you wish to change the general size of Type (text), make sure you select the whole Type Object; you may do that with the (Direct) Selection Tool (one of the arrows).

When you wish to change the size of specific characters/parts of Type, make sure you select (only) the relevant part with the Type Tool (the T).

If you do the opposite, you will regret it.

Stroke Weight:

That is what you called line thickness in the OP.  It is in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulkato wrote:

Could anyone please help me with a simple step by step manual of how I can change font size, and editing text in adobe illustrator.

On any Illustrator document, look at the menu items across the top and click on "Help"

Then go to the section called "Type"

paulkato wrote:

Could anyone please help me with a simple step by step manual of how I can change line thickness in adobe illustrator.

On any Illustrator document, look at the menu items across the top and click on "Help"

Line thickness is referred to as "Stroke", so put that in the Search box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

Just a few tips which may be difficult to find through Help:

Type:

When you wish to change the general size of Type (text), make sure you select the whole Type Object; you may do that with the (Direct) Selection Tool (one of the arrows).

When you wish to change the size of specific characters/parts of Type, make sure you select (only) the relevant part with the Type Tool (the T).

If you do the opposite, you will regret it.

Stroke Weight:

That is what you called line thickness in the OP.  It is in the Stroke palette/panel.

Both:

You can use the dropdown and select values, or insert; both have pt for points as default, but you can use other units by adding their abbreviation (mm for mm, cm for cm, in for inches, px for pixel (which is basically the same as pt), and you do not want to know about picas.

If you must, or wish, you can also change units generally, Edit>Preferences>Units & Undo; any change persists until changed again, across documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this video might help a little you can also access the panel features from the control panel at the top of the workspace under the menu items.

http://mysite.verizon.net/wzphoto/Ilustrator.mov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am new to adobe and also want proper guidance on how to create smoother text on pictures. I want to create text posters for my website. Kindly guide me thanks!

link removed by moderator.

statusocean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines