• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Styles and Paragraph styles not working as expected

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in illustrator on a macbook pro running mac os 'big sur'.

Here's the problem I'm having:

I have a character style called 'description' that is feeding the character font and size to 2 different elements. I have a paragraph style called 'red_description' and one called 'blue_description', these are changing the color of the text. But the text is still coming up black instead of changing to the respective color.

I've checked the character style and made sure that I reset the color panel so that neither the fill nor the stroke have a value (just the question marks). If I add a color to the character style, it changes the font color for both paragraph styles. That's expected.

In the same text box, I have another character style, 'action' that has a different font size and style. But it also has no color assigned. The 2 paragraph styles have the proper affect to the font.

Here's a sample:

Expected:

ActionRed: DescriptionRed

ActionBlue: DescriptionBlue

What I started getting:

ActionRed: DescriptionRed

ActionBlue: DescriptionBlue

Everything was working fine until last night. I've updated to illustrator 2022 and deleted the preferences file, but I'm still having the same issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Franz

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

To update any one...

I created a new character style Description_2 and replaced the Description style. It worked. But when I renamed the style it reverted. Then I deleted the old style, and re-started illustrator and that seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload a sample ai file without confidential data (dropbox or similar) and link to here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that could help 🙂

Here is a link to a copy of the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ah5y93txcapqg1w/00_Troubleshooting%20sample.ai?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To update any one...

I created a new character style Description_2 and replaced the Description style. It worked. But when I renamed the style it reverted. Then I deleted the old style, and re-started illustrator and that seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines