• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Circle

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you please help me with a very simple thing, but I can't do it, I've looked for several tutorials, but I haven't found anything that could help me.
I need to create some circles in these formats, and I don't have much experience with Ilustration, if you can help me I'll be grateful.

circulo.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

You can try a thick dashed stroke with a variable width profile:

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 10.00.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Like this (and in the end you can always use Object > Path > Outline Stroke to remove one of the dashes).

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 21.22.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try a thick dashed stroke with a variable width profile:

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 10.00.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the tips I managed to do, but there were some scratches between one square and another, in fact I created a circle and used your suggestion. I want those little scratches shown in the red arrow not to show up.
I would like this circle to have exactly 16 squares and not 22 I couldn't find where I can change these values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the tips I managed to do, but there were some scratches between one square and another, in fact I created a circle and used your suggestion. I want those little scratches shown in the red arrow not to show up.
I would like this circle to have exactly 16 squares and not 22 I couldn't find where I can change these values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the amount of dashes by varying the Dash, Gap and Weight of the stroke.

I cannot replicate the scratches that you mentioned, is it a single path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please demonstrate this with Illustrator open, how can I change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this (and in the end you can always use Object > Path > Outline Stroke to remove one of the dashes).

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 21.22.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You were amazing with your answers, I don't even know how to thank you. I did what you suggested and it worked great.
Thank you so much, I wish you all the luck in the world and have a blessed week. 🙂 🤗

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the desired result, you can use an artbrush, for example. Or you can use pathfinder operations with two circles and a star.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or construct it from scratch (there are many ways to get there) :

Your image in the background  +  2 circles and 1 star

circle_01.png

fill the inner circle and the star with black (and no stroke)

cut both and

paste in place in the opacity mask of the outer circle (which I filled with blue)

circle_02.png

the "same" as your own example image

circle_03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines