• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping Mask not working, help

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so this is my first time posting here.

I have an illustration completed, with lots of over spilling objects (those tiny white dots that you can see) that are extending past my artboard.

Those white dots are not individually placed but are paths.

Im trying to make a clipping mask in order to clear off the extra bits to have a cleaner file to place into indesign.

Capturevdvdv.JPG

I have made the rectangle to be the size of my art board. i then group everything that i want to be effected by the mask. I am then selecting both the rectangle and all grouped objects. the create clipping mask button is highlighted and im able to click on it but nothing happens. Im also trying the long way by going to object>clipping mask> create.

Im not sure why its not working? i have 4 other illustrations and i have gotten this same method to work for all of those.

Any help is appreciated! also i am a beginner 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure none of the objects are locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may grouped your artwork with a guide line.

or you may have a far away non-printed items on the pasteboard.

one of my faults when im beginner is i used to delete the guide line with direct select tool so a points appears on the left and right of document. you may have like this and you grouped them with the artwork.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 8.07.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to clean the file

Object> path> Clean up

or delete them one by one (check the preview> outline) to see unwanted objects. and use Group selection tool to delete objects within the group.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 7.58.21 PM.png

to delete the objects outside the board because they are connected by paths. select the path, object> expand, and delete unwanted objects.

For clipping mask as per Monika Gause to generate a layer based clipping mask. (it is new way for me)

if you want to place the file in InDesign, shift when place the file to show import options and to define Crop to options.

thats it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines