• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping mask not working

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am wanting to place the glitter inside a custom shape (the stars). When I use the clipping mask nothing happens?

Screenshot 2020-03-21 at 2.43.04 am.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before making the Clipping Mask, select all the stars and make a Compound Path (Object menu > Compound Path > Make). Be sure that the Compound Path (stars) is in front, as you appear to have done in your attempt.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for replying. When I clicked on the stars then to Object then Compound Path, it was greyed out and I cannot click it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option is to use an opacity mask.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/transparency-blending-modes.html

If the stars in your image are bitmap images rather than paths, using an opacity mask may be faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for replying. The stars are a .PNG and so is the glitter background. I'd like to put the glitter inside the stars. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select two images and press the [Create Mask] button on the Transparency panel.
Check "Invert mask".

OpacityMask.gif

Sorry for the Japanese version of the image.
Please note that the name may be different from the actual name because it is translated into English with Google Translate, but please forgive me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you probably know by now, the Clipping mask requires vector shapes not images.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines