• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color change when copy Illustrator CS6 artwork into Photoshop

Participant ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy artwork from an Illustrator CS6 RGB file and paste it as a smart object into Photoshop CS6 the colors are changing slightly. Here's an example:

RGB 234, 76, 52 (original color in Illustrator artwork)

RGB 233, 75, 52 (color of smart object pasted into Photoshop)

Any idea why the color is changing? I need the color to be an exact match.

I have CS6 Creative Suite and the applications are synchronized using the same color settings (North America General Purpose 2). I've tried using both proccessed and spot colors in Illustrator but have the same issue with both.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Thanks Mike. Your solution worked - kind of...

I set Illustrator color settings to Emulate Illustrator 6.0.

If I create a new Photoshop document and copy/paste the Illustrator artwork into Photoshop as a smart object the colors are a perfect match. However, if I copy/paste the Illustrator artwork into the existing Photoshop document I've been working with the colors are still off.

Do I have to create a new Photoshop document for the color setting change in Illustrator to take effect? I don't see wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SIMPLE FIX:

As of 4/7/24 I'm using CS6 Mojave - Set Illustrator Color Settings --> Edit/Color Settings - to  Emulate 6.0 and Save Doc. Then drag the doc to the Photoshop Icon to open it. Under Color Settings --> Edit/Color Settings choose 'Monitor Color'. Make sure both docs are RGB. This will at least work for sharing docs digitally with congruency.

Illustrator CS6 Color Settings.pngPhotoshop CS6 Color Settings.pngThat worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't ever set your RGB working color space to your monitor profile.

Instead please learn about color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines