• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color pallet after update Illustrator to 24.0.3 not available!

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update from illustrator to 24.0.3, existing illustrations do not allow the swatch libraries for CMYK (color pallet) to be reached. With new yet to be created illustrations.

Solution?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

You need to load swatches and add them to your swatches panel.

Move swatches from a swatch library to the Swatches panel

Do any of the following:

• Drag one or more swatches from the swatch library panel to the Swatches panel.

• Select the swatches you want to add, and select Add To Swatches from the library’s panel menu.

• Apply a swatch to an object in the document. If the swatch is a global or spot-color swatch, the swatch is automatically added to the Swatches panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Graag gedaan en succes met Illustrator!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you see?

If you open an existing illustrator file, have your swatches in the Swatches panel changed or disappeared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icon is still there, but the colors have disappeared.
When I klick on document swatches I get the message that there are not enough solid color swatches and that gradients and patterns cannot be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screendump of that message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-22 om 14.45.45.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried some adjustments myself. If I save a color in a folder or choose a color from document samples, I will see it again. With a new document, however, that is different and I see more colors.
I have added tree screens where you can see that. The third screen is as it started.

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-22 om 15.18.12.jpgSchermafbeelding 2020-01-22 om 15.20.43.jpgSchermafbeelding 2020-01-22 om 14.49.40.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that document start as an image? Those do not contain swatches.

Can you load default swatches using the Swatches (Stalen) panel menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo you saw of the dog is template used. Then I made the illustration with layers. Before the update, I was able to set a gradient with colors from the CMYK spectrum. Not anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to load swatches and add them to your swatches panel.

Move swatches from a swatch library to the Swatches panel

Do any of the following:

• Drag one or more swatches from the swatch library panel to the Swatches panel.

• Select the swatches you want to add, and select Add To Swatches from the library’s panel menu.

• Apply a swatch to an object in the document. If the swatch is a global or spot-color swatch, the swatch is automatically added to the Swatches panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ik schrijf u even in het Nederlands als dat mag.

U geeft een geweldige uitleg! En ik ga dat ook toepassen. 

Na uw opmerking dat je bij de start een foto als basis gebruikt er geen gebruik gemaakt kan worden van het kleurenpalet heb ik even met een andere foto gekeken, en dat klopte. 

Ik hoop dat ik met uw oplossing verder kan werken aan de illustratie. Ik ben overigens hier een beginner in. Mijn ervaring zit al vele jaren in Photoshop waar ik als fotograaf veel meer mee werk en aardig goed ken. Illustrator vind ik een uitdaging om mee te gaan werken. Als 73jarige heb ik daar nu alle tijd voor. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!!! Het werkt! Maar dat wist u al natuurlijk.

Mijn complimenten en dank voor uw hulp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Graag gedaan en succes met Illustrator!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines