Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Saturation bug? Idk...

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 😃

I've had this problem for a long time. I've researched this problem a lot, but I've never found a solution for it.

This problem disturbs me more when I use color palettes of the internet.

THE PROBLEM
In the illustrator, the colors are different.

EXAMPLE :

This is a print from a random color palette.

Betterment_ColorTheory.png

Let me put this image on illustrator and in photoshop.

Sem nome.png

Printscreen the illustrator palette and put in photoshop

Sem nome2.png

Check if the colors are the same.

Sem nome2.png

You can check by copying the image and put in photoshop and using the eye dropper tool

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shots look like what you can expect.  The key information we need to know is: 1.)  your applications' color settings, 2.) your printer output settings including paper, 3.) what color space / color working space you are using, and 4.) what type of printer are you using?  Is there a RIP?  If not, try saving a copy as PDF and printing that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I said "print", I wanted to say "printscreen". And I am working with RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is color management synchronized?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Monica means, are you synchronizing color management for the color settings in your Adobe applications—Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat. You can do this in Adobe Bridge by choosing Edit > Color Settings.

Exactly, what you see here depends on your country (region) but in North America it looks like this. Doing this synchronizes the color settings so they will be the same:

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 11.42.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using the same color configurations : "Europe General Purpose 3"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the same color profile for both files?

Do you use the same preview setting for both?

Arre we perhaps looking at spot colors of some sort?

What happens when you don't take a screenshot, but export the file as PNG, JPEG or the like? Colors still different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, yes, color profile and display settings are the same. And, WOW, when I exported to a .PNG file (normal option) the colors remained the same, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you take a screenshot and place it back into Illustrator, that's what I'd expect to see (unless the screenshot has your monitor profile assigned to it, and you're keeping that profile when you place it).

Is there any particular purpose for the screenshot that wouldn't be better served by Export For Screens or Save For Web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines