• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors are dull or which color profile to use for web?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

After upgrading (Illustrator and OS) I have a problem with colors. In this case, I'm working with web assets (RGB). How should I adjust Illustrator color settings to see colors as it shows Figma (see screenshot)?

• Illustrator 27.0
  • macOS Ventura 13.0 (MacBook Pro)

Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 21.04.49.pngScreenshot 2022-10-31 at 21.14.06.pngScreenshot 2022-10-31 at 21.07.18.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Hi @rmnkk @Damien Chw.

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details. We have investigated the issue, and it has been found reproducible on our end on Apple Silicon Mac running on macOS Ventura only. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by developers in future updates.

Currently, workarounds to this are to use CPU preview or run the app using rosetta or open as Intel.

Anshul_Saini_0-1668031565048.png

Please check this UserVoice and upvote it: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45876907-macos-...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Docuement Color Mode  -If your docuemnt is set to CMYK, you will see this

Left = CMYK document  Right = RGB Document (this is your file dragged into two different Illustrator documents

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 1.58.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know the difference between RGB/CMYK. I use the RGB color mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know the difference between RGB/CMYK. I use the RGB color mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue. I have a Macbook Pro M1 Max for information. The problem comes from the GPU display. Indeed in CPU mode the colors are the right ones. After various installations and re-installations, I realized that the problem comes from the update of Mac OS Ventura. Going back to Monterey no more worries even with the latest Illustrator update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, try to choose a "view using GPU" mode here (see attachment). It seems this solves the problem (+ still using GPU performance)

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 02.42.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that's not it. The GPU is automatically activated on new versions. But I clearly explain that the problem is the color difference between the CPU mode (which is good for it) and the GPU mode which is dull. By returning to mac OS Monterey after a clean install, the problem no longer exists. I also performed a clean install twice with Ventura and the problem was present each time. So it's a mac OS update problem and therefore the macbook M1 graphics card driver. I've never had a problem before, or even after updating to the latest version of illustrator. This happened right after the Ventura update. For information I am not a beginner on Illustrator, I have been working on this software for 20 years and unfortunately like with each new batch of updates, a bug is added which is frustrating and a shame. As a reminder, I solved my problem by switching back to mac OS Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my previous answer was incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rmnkk @Damien Chw.

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details. We have investigated the issue, and it has been found reproducible on our end on Apple Silicon Mac running on macOS Ventura only. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by developers in future updates.

Currently, workarounds to this are to use CPU preview or run the app using rosetta or open as Intel.

Anshul_Saini_0-1668031565048.png

Please check this UserVoice and upvote it: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45876907-macos-...

By doing this, you'll get updates on the issue and help prioritize.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed this right away when I opened Illustrator today. Apple are supposed to be the designers choice, this is a big problem, when can we expect a fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid there hasn't been any update on the issue. We are still checking with Apple, as the app works fine with macOS Monterey on Apple silicon. Only the macOS Ventura is affected by this issue on Apple Silicon machines.

For now, try the above-suggested workaround and upvote the UserVoice for further updates. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello - is there an update on this? I have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ask Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines