• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors are over saturated and color picker is not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac Studio running the previous OS was replaced and M1 Ultra loaded with Ventura. I opened up my old project and noticed the colors are over saturated. Then when I tried to use the color picker to sample an RGB JPEG I noticed the color was slightly off. 

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 11.27.34 AM.png

In Illustrator I have these settings.

Document Color: RGB

Color Settings: North America General Purpose 2

Work Spaces: RGB sRGB IEC61966-2.1

GPU Performance: Off

Now in my my Mac Display Settings I have the Colore Profile set to SAMSUNG. I am using a Samsung M8 which I was using before on my old Workstation with no color problems. I switched my setting to sRGB in an attempt to match my Illustrator settings but it looked worse. It looked more saturated. 

Is anyone else having this problem?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAMSUNG is a monitor profile. It should never be your working profile.

First of all you need to calibrate the display and set a monitor profile for it.

In Illustrator you then need to set up the color settings (which is the color management). If you don't know how to do that, I would recommend you take a training. You can find some information in the helpx, but it's just scratching the surface. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/setting-color-management.html

You can find trainings on LinkedIn, which is available via many public libraries.

Maybe this video clears a few things, but it by no means s full introduction to color management. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueSFXNWL3Ds

When designing for the screen, you want consistent color numbers. But that sometimes doesn't work without even getting a warning. In this video we're going to explore why Illustrator changes the numbers and how to stop that from happening. Color management has been introduced in order to achieve a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @GMoni,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. We are here to help and would like to suggest trying to recalibrate your monitor for sRGB (https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/calibrate-your-display-mchlp1109/mac), rebooting your computer, and then relaunching Illustrator, as suggested by Monika. If you don't mind, could you please follow the steps and share your observations with us? We appreciate your time and effort in helping us resolve this issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give this a try. I've never had to any extensive recalibrating. But someting happend between Monterey and Ventura that messed up my colors. I see the saturation in After Effects as well. 

The top image is from a video I edited off my old Mac running Monterey and the image below is that same exact AE file opened up on my new Mac running Ventura. 

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 8.28.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update. I recalibrated but I'm sitll having the same exact issues. Colors look over satureated and the eye droper give me a differnet color than what I am sampling off the placed jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @GMoni,

Thank you for providing this information. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and would like to kindly confirm if you're experiencing the Out of Gamut / Out of Web Color warning when using the Color Picker. 

AnubhavMajumder_0-1676481100439.png

AnubhavMajumder_1-1676481135315.png

Your response will help us identify the issue and provide the appropriate solution. Thank you for your help and patience as we work towards resolving this issue.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Illustrator. Not sure how you get that Color Picker window. It happens in After Effects asw well. I really hope there is an easy fix for this since I collaborate with several designer and they are not having this problem on their PCs.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 11.41.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my caption didnt save but the image above shows footage I have loaded in After Effects. The footage looks saturated and below is the same footage but I am previewing it from the Mac Finder. The bottom image's colors look corrrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @GMoni,

Thanks for confirming that. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/keeping-colors-consistent.html) and checking if it helps?

If that doesn't help, then you may connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I've already calibrated my screen and configured my color settings in Illustrator and Photoshop. After Effects does not have color settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check if there is an update for Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines