• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors dulled and not displaying correctly in Illustrator on some computers

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to troubleshoot for our organization of 5 and need some guidance. This RGB document looks accurate on 4 out of 5 user's computers in Illustrator. If we save it as a "High Quality Print" profile (no Color Conversion) PDF and view in Acrobat it looks right for everyone. I'm pretty sure it's a color profile issue but cannot re-create the issue on my computer. Nor can I create any type of file on my computer that looks right on her computer.

- We don't have colors synchronized in CC. 
- Colors don't change if we assign other profiles (sRGB is dull, Display is brighter, but nothing like Acrobat's color).
- In the screenshot attached, Illustrator is on the left, Acrobat on the right. This particular file has color management turned off, so she is prompted to assign a profile upon opening in Illustrator.
- Test files attached: test_NCM (no color management), test_sRGB (sRGB profile assigned), and a PDF of the NCM file.

Any help or things to try would be helpful. Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is View > Proof Colors turned on?

Pariah Burke | Trainer, Author, Instructional Designer | InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator, Photoshop, Firefly, Audition, Canva, Generative AI | Accessibility / Section 508, Publishing, Generative AI, EPUB, IFX, more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want color to be consistent across devices, you need to use color management and make sure that at least the Color Settings are the same on each machine.

EPS is an outdated format that does not support color management and transparency. You may see transparency and color profiles in an eps saved from Illustrator, but that is the Illustrator part of the file (and the part that opens in Illustrator instead of the eps part).

Try to check the monitor settings on the computer that does not display the colors right and try to use an sRGB profile for the monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines