• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colours dull on illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there are some replies on this topic but I can't make sense of this and nothing seems to work... I am not an expert user and just process photos through illustrator so that they are fit for my website. 

For some reason, this morning, when I try and place an image in illustrator, the colours are appearing really dull. I tried to do to Edit>color settings, and play around with the setting there but I cannot find what's wrong. Now when I try and place an image I get an alert box that the source material doesn't match the settings at the destination.

This is the first time I have ever seen this. I have no idea how to fix it. Is there someone who can help? The live chat option doesn't seem to be working so I can't speak to someone from Adobe? 

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue is color management. And this cannot be adjusted correctly without learning it. No current publishing app works without color management. You *have* to learn it. FOr an introduction please check out: https://www.colourmanagement.net/advice/

In order to fully master it, you will have to dive deeper.

Illustrator is the wrong tool in order to work with pixel images. Use Photoshop, it does a better job at that.

Color management is definitely not something you want to "play around" with.

Are you in the US? Then you definitely don't want to use Coeated FOGRA profiles, unless you have your stuff printed in Europe.

Your issue might be as simple as that you have a CMYK document and place an RGB image in it. That could be solved easily by creating an RGB document to place your image into.

As for the color settings: please show them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I had a file in illustrator. I've created screenshots to show to my client... then save it and opened it again next day same file. I did another screenshot and then I've realised the colour looked different from the previous one. So I even brought the image screenshot to illustrator and I can see it looked like more saturated before. I've checked the colours and they are the same. Same cmyk red same all. but the colour look dull. I've checked all, colour settings.. I've done all the stepts recomended. The file as well is in RGB. As you can see I've checked everything but you can tell the difference in both images and they are with the same cmyk red. what to do? because I am sure that if I show again to my client this is going to doubt i am using the right colours.. and this should't happend anyway. first time in all my life as I always try to check in youtbe videos and in here to find a solution. this adobe pack it is expesive and why is this happening. help please

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 02.09.39.pngScreenshot 2023-04-22 at 02.11.49.pngScreenshot 2023-04-22 at 02.12.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all: turn on all the warnings in your color settings. They get on your nerves, but you *want* to see them.

And as for everything else: please tell us exact steps of what you are doing. Which color numbers did you enter? What did you do with the file? WHich color profile is it in? Do you by any chance have more than one monitor on your Mac? 

And which is the version you want to have?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines