Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

COMMAND BAR IN APP

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to have an IN APP COMMAND BAR to;

access each menus and options from NAV BAR in all ADOBE TOOLS especially PHOTOSHOP, ILLUSTRATOR, IN DESIGN..

With a simple key combination; a COMMAND BAR appears to reach quicky to menu item with text writing. Eg: COMMAND+SHIFT+P

Please see SCREENSHOT I attached.

Best.

TOPICS
Feature request , Scripting , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lease post feature requests to https://illustrator.uservoice.com That is where the engineers are reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By adding this option to all CREATIVE CLOUD APPS, people no need to modify SHORTCUTS or no need to EXPLORE NEW SHORTCUTS. 

It's the new way of reaching all options to NAV MENU CONTENTS from ONE, SIMPLE COMMAND BAR.

Thank you for supporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already notice the new context bar?

And if you want something else: please post it on Uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I noticed, but it context bar changes type-to-type(object, text etc) I'm totatlly talking about a new command bar to reach MENU content without mouse movements. 

If you want to give a blur or smart sharpen, just write "Smart sharpen" to apply.

This Command bar is mostly used for some tools which has no shortcut. 

This command bar will be easily addicted to use for newbies. (for beginners it's quite takes some time to remember shortcuts). 

If I want to change case, I will use smart command bar "Upper..." it will show Text Case options. 

If I want to give offest path to object, no need to use mouse to reach that menu item. Just write "path..."

That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: make a feature request.

This forum is 95% volunteers, not staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a script (Ai Command Palette) that does most of what you mentioned for Adobe Illustrator (some history on this forum) and more. I have it loaded into the default Ai scripts folder and fire it with the COMMAND+SHIFT+P key combination using Keyboard Maestro on my Mac but there are other options as well. Cheers!

CleanShot 2023-09-29 at 12.42.56@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the Discover panel you can locate and execute a lot of menu commands.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/illustrator-discover.html

I'd also recommend to take a look here for another and probably better approach:

https://github.com/joshbduncan/AiCommandPalette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines