Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

convert from photoshop to illustrator

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to convert a file from photoshop to illustrator.  Once converted however every time i open the file in illustrator its telling me the file is too big.  what do i need to do?  The file is 192x192 i am working this on a macbook.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

192 what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s 192 pixels

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

192 px is not that big. Is that shown in the Transform panel? And the dimensions are the same in the Links panel?

With converted you mean the image opened or placed (embedded?linked?) in Illustrator and autotraced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file was created in photoshop and saved as a psd. I tried to open it in illustrator so i can save it as an ai file but it’s stating the file is too big.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saving an image as an Illustrator file will not make it an editable vector file, just an image in an Illustrator wrapper.

Is it a complex layered file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines