• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert PDF to Vector AI file.

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am soooooo lost. Can someone PLEASE help me figure this out? 
I have created a wonderful Logo using Canva Pro, however, the logo is saved as a PDF from Canva.

How do I convert the Canva PDF file into a Vector file using Adobe Illustrator? 

Is Adobe Illustrator the best option for me to use when converting the PDF to Vector? 

I've tried just re-creating it using AI, but when I use one of the templates, it loads all 6 in the set instead of just one. I am so confused and I don't know how to seperate them in order to use just 1.

Please let me know what information you may need to help me get this solved.

Thank you all so much in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You simply open the PDF in AI. If there's any editable data it will be converted automatically and be available for further treatment, if not and it's all just lumps of pixel data then it would be pointless. The "multiple templates" are likely just different pages converted to artboards, but it's really not clear what you mean since you have not provided screenshots. Most users here won't know much about a service that seems to be a glorified online version of Powerpoint for business presentations by non-designers. Either way, I would suggest you at least start by reading the online help for illustrator to alleviate soem of your confusion and perhaps learn a bit of the lingo and AI's capabilities...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used Canva Pro but with a quick Google search I found that it appears to only export files as jpegs or pngs. Both of those formats are raster formats (pixel based). There is no magic formula to change those files to vector art in Illustrator. Yes, Illustrator does have an Image Trace feature which can make raster images into vector but the results are extremely erratic in terms of accuracy. Also, the resulting vector file is a mass of compound paths and masks which can be difficult to edit even for experienced users. If your end result is a vector file that can be comfortably edited in illustrator then it is best to actually create it in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether you are using Canva or Canva Pro, the exports are pixel based (even though you are getting a pdf). Depending on the structure of the logo, you might try Image Trace - you might get a good outcome. But most likely will need a lot of clean up. Starting from scratch is the most likely outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Milenium said, you simply open the PDF in Illustrator.

However, Canva is bitmap only. Therefore, Illustator will treat it as an image, not a vector graphic.

Illustrator has an Image Trace command that might work for you. You may or may not be satisfied with the results, depending on the image.

I don't use Canva so I don't know what templates you are referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines