Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste in Illustrator does not work

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I have had a problem for several days, even weeks, because when I use Illustrator my copy/paste works 1 time out of 4 out of 5, out of 10 even sometimes, that is to say that I have to Copy several times before Pasting option. is possible, and this only on Illustrator, I have a very good PC and recent Illustrator in the latest versions and which worked normally before that, can you help me to resolve this problem thank you in advance

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These things interfere with Illustrator's clipboard. Do you have any of them? 

• arallels Toolbox running with the Clipboard History
  • TeamVewer Clipboard > Use Shared Clipboard
  • Apple iOS device simulator from Xcode
  • Windows Multi-clipboard
  • Windows Clipboard History
  • Chrome Remote Desktop
  • Mouse Pointer Highlighter
  • AnyViewer
  • Pastebot app
  • Overzealous antivirus (Digital Guardian) as well as viruses that empty the clipboard
  • Vector Magic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It doesn't seem to me, how can I check please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should know what you installed on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it is not basic integration into Windows for example in this case I have not installed any of that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and 1 month ago everything was working correctly so no it must not be that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be some kind of Task Manager in Windows that tells you what else is running on the system.

As for the settings in certain apps: if you have those apps, check their settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already checked the clipboard and saw that it is only with Illustrator which is why I asked for help here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other apps are interfering with the clipboard and that might affect Illustrator most in your situation, because Illustrator might be the application that produces the most complex objects in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't found where the problem is coming from.. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Hugo29780694gsh7,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to run Illustrator under Safe Mode (Windows / macOS) and checking if it helps? Also, try running Illustrator under a different administrator account (Windows / macOS) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the problem still persists nothing to do the copy/paste only works when it wants to, I can't find where the problem is coming from...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further up in this thread there is a list of things. Do you have any of these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines