Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corner widget not visible on every corner

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

although the interactive corner feature is really useful, unfortunately i cannot use it anymore. My problem is, that i can't see the corner-widget for all corners anymore. "Not anymore" because everthing worked fine and probably i made some changes in the settings or changed my workflow, and now i can't figure out where the issue is.

So you can see in the screenshot, that for some corners the widget is visible, for some not.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-24 um 19.01.32.png

I already tried to play with the settings for corner-widget and also tried to convert the object into shape - nothing worked.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-24 um 18.46.33.png

What is also interesting: sometimes when i try to convert an object into shapes i just get a message "object was not converted".

The issue mainly appears on objects wich i converted before (object -> path -> outline stroke). Objects which are created out of the rectangle tool, show all corner widgets.

This one is created via pen tool -> object -> path -> outline stroke:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-24 um 18.58.21.png

This one is created via rectangle tool:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-24 um 18.58.15.png

So, does anyone have an idea where my issue is?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Thanks very much for the screenshots, they are so very helpful and wish posters would do that more often. Adobe disables corner widgets when the item is too small of which your view at 400% suggests is the issue.

WhatsApp+Image+2018-08-15+at+12.07.56.jpg

Move towards max

pastedImage_0.png

and as likely already mentioned you should see view >> hide corner widget. If not choose on view >> show corner widget to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

I've had this issue for years and could never find a working solution. The scaling "trick" seems to fix it every time now, I cannot believe it was that simple. Thank you so much for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

I commonly have this problem too. For me, what has usually worked is:
1. there are two points on the corner (when I have outlined a path, this commonly happens.) I just delete the extra point and the live corner will show up (sometimes, there are multiple points all on top of each other, make sure you delete them all!)
2. The object is too small, so I just scale up and make my corners how I like them then size back down.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

I was encountering a super strange situation that i wanted to document here for anyone that is struggling (been several hours of digging to figure this out.)  I scaled a set of paths that all had corner anchor points (and corner widgets), and this got rid of the corner widgets.

i reverted to an old version of the document with corner widgets available, then scaled via direct selection tool - this confirmed to remove corner widget on anchor points (and converted each single original corner to tw

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

i have had the same issue with my version CC 2022.  go to View >> Show edges.  this should solve the problem. did for me. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that you can't scale an image AFTER you've adjusted the corners without losing the bottom widgets (on a rectangle). Scale the image first, then scale the corners and the widgets will stay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will solve your problem. cornerwidget.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was encountering a super strange situation that i wanted to document here for anyone that is struggling (been several hours of digging to figure this out.)  I scaled a set of paths that all had corner anchor points (and corner widgets), and this got rid of the corner widgets.

i reverted to an old version of the document with corner widgets available, then scaled via direct selection tool - this confirmed to remove corner widget on anchor points (and converted each single original corner to two smooth anchor points)

undid the change then scaled via the object selection tool - this kept the anchors as corners, and corner widgets as expected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, is it really that difficult to make the corner widget work consistantly? Trouble shooting Illustrator problems is like trying to back engineer withcraft

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you encounter a bug, please report it to https://illustrator.uservoice.com

The engineers do not read this forum.

If you want a problem solved, please describe it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift+Ctrl+B= Solved! 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift+Ctrl+B= Solved! 100%

By @Md Mohidul Ho25751089865b

Please read the complete thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

= NOT Solved.  0%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scale thing nor the handle display was my problem. It was the pref below saying Hide C. Widget on angle greater than... I set it to 105 degrees from its default of 3 degrees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just figured it out.

For me it was happening because there were two vertices right on top of each other.

Click select (Not drag selection) the vertice in the corner you're having a problem with the Direct Selection tool and move it, there will be most likely two points right on top of each other. So move one out of the way and delete it and it should show the Corner Widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have had the same issue with my version CC 2022.  go to View >> Show edges.  this should solve the problem. did for me. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines