• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted File asking for Text Import Options

New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I currently have a project I've been working on for a little while now. Upon opening it up today Illustrator is telling me that I need to choose a text import option. When one is selected a blank artboard comes up. From what I can find online, this is a common issue with corrupt files. What I need to find out now is if there is any way I can repair the file maulally, since Illustrator's "Enable Content Recovery" is not working.

TOPICS
Bug , How-to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this is toast.

You back up daily, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Landry2374278590gv,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to open the file in Acrobat and resaving it as a PDF to check if it helps?

If the issue persists, chances are that the file is corrupted. Would you mind sharing the file here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/share-your-files-in-6-simple-steps/td-p/12967...) so we can check it on our end? Although we cannot guarantee a successful recovery, we will try our best to do so.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines