• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created logo in procreate but how to vectorize?

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I did a bit of handlettering in procreate on the Ipad. Made a logo on it, but how do I vectorize it? Right now it's kinda blurry ofcourse.
What's the best way to create logo's/fonts/handletters and keep them clear?

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

What you are discussing is not necessarily a "logo" per se, but an illustration based on your logo.  A logo is simple.  No grain, no special brushes, no raster effects.  However, an illustration of your logo can contain special effects, grains, textures, shadows, etc.  There is a difference.  I have created signage, posters, bumper stickers, etc., based on a logo that has all of those special effects.  The logo itself was created as a simple, black and white vector file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi make one by obe screenshot of it then you have to image trace it or use same font in illustrator...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my speciaalties is hand lettered logo design.  What I do is create the lettering in pencil and paper.  Then, I scan the image and Place it on a Layer in Illustrator.  Then, I create a second Layer and name it "Artwork" ( first Layer is named "template" ).  On the Artwork layer, I use the Pencil tool, the Pen tool and redraw.  There are other elements like circle and rectangles that help speed things up and are based on the design.  There is always a considerable amount of anchor point manipulations that are part of the work, but you can get away with very few anchor points vs. vector automation techniques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you for your clear explination. Good one! But the reason why I draw it in procreate is because of the nice grain brushes. Love them so much. So there is no way to make them vector and keep the grain you think?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are discussing is not necessarily a "logo" per se, but an illustration based on your logo.  A logo is simple.  No grain, no special brushes, no raster effects.  However, an illustration of your logo can contain special effects, grains, textures, shadows, etc.  There is a difference.  I have created signage, posters, bumper stickers, etc., based on a logo that has all of those special effects.  The logo itself was created as a simple, black and white vector file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay got you, makes sence. Learning every day. Thanks for your answer! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines