• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an A5 brochure in Illustrator CS5.1

Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been trying for hours to create an A5 Brochure in Illustrator (I have version CS5.1)

I have looked at tutorials and help guides, a lot of them say select 'A5' in the new document option, but there ISN'T an A5 option! 😞

Please help!

Kind regards

Sarah-Jane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't seem to have an A5 default either. you shoukd look up paper sizes for your own future reference, but as a starter, A5 is 148 x 210 mm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

thanks for your answer. Do you know where I could possibly download or find a template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just for paper size, no other parameters? just specify those artboard dimensions for the new document and save it as your own template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not done this before and so I'd need to know where to put each item, in which section in order to make sure it's on the right 'page' when I fold it.  I guess it'll be a matter of 'trial and error'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally the printer takes care of putting the pages in the right position (imposing). You should talk to them and ask what kind of file exactly they expect from you and how to arrange stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SJNexus wrote:

I've not done this before and so I'd need to know where to put each item, in which section in order to make sure it's on the right 'page' when I fold it.  I guess it'll be a matter of 'trial and error'.

Not at all. Assuming you are talking about a one page folded brochure: Take a sheet of paper and fold it the way the brochure will be folded (bi-fold, tri-fold, or whatever). Hold it so you are looking at the "cover", and number that section 1. Continue to number each section as you unfold it. Then lay the paper flat to see the arrangement.

Folding it will also let you know if you need to allow a little extra on one side as opposed to the other (common for tri-fold brochures).

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines