Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating/exporting multiple GIFs

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I've been exporting Illustrator frames into a free online GIF maker to make simple three-slide GIFs for commercial purposes, but it's not very good for making several GIFs quickly - you have to repeat each step of the process for each and every GIF you need - you can't save the settings as a preset or script/action.

I use Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects for the bulk of my graphics.  Haven't dabbled in Animate, Premier Pro or any other Adobe app so I don't know what the best one of those (or even outside Adobe) is for creating and exporting multiple GIFs quickly using the same cookie cutter template.

The GIFs I'm doing are all the same except for a small local variation on a slide, but there are several of these variations. Basically, all I'm looking for is to simplify the workflow - open a file, drop new variant frames into a preset timeline, use a script or action if needed, save as, export as GIF, job done, move on to next one and repeat.  I think Illustrator only does this as static GIFs, not animated ones like Photoshop does - more's the pity.

I tried setting up a template in Photoshop with a preset timeline and three empty art layers in a sequence to export as a GIF, but when I tried pulling in or importing the images, all the slides on the timeline reverted to the start, instead of staying in sequence - you'd have to pull them back to their correct position on the timeline.  Which is pointless really - esentially starting from scratch for each GIF made. 

Does anyone have any quick and easy GIF setups/tips?  (I'm guessing some of you will suggest Photoshop or some other GIF maker and I'll be posting a similar question in the Photoshop forum too!)

Many thanks in advance

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

So you want to export animated GIFs? Try the extension GIFStudio (commercial) https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/108842/gifstudio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you want to export animated GIFs? Try the extension GIFStudio (commercial) https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/108842/gifstudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines