Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating 'Mesh' shapes Effect through Illustrator/Photoshop

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,tumblr_nfhv5axZFl1tqulnio2_1280.png

I was wondering what I would need to do in order to recreate the artwork above for my graphics project at school. Is there a way to apply this mesh effect and if so how could it be done? I have managed to create a similar effect on the cone and doughnut shape but was wondering how this mesh effect could be done on the more complex shapes.
And would this be better to do through Illustrator or Photoshop?

Any help is much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some might be built by distoring grids (use the rectangular grid tool to draw those.

Then apply an envelope:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-15 um 19.47.00.png

The ring: maybe apply a grid to a 3D object

Maybe also experiment with blends.

And with transformations through the transform effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. When I bring up envelope distort this happens. So how would I move it round to distort it?

I'm a beginner so I don't really know my way round Illustrator.2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My advice is to follow Monika's advice, and create a grid using the Rectangular Grid Tool, which you can find by clicking and holding on the Line Segment tool. Make it a convenient size, and start with a grid dense enough to show you some apparent topography, but don't go overboard with lines until you begin to get the feel of it. On the other hand, you can't see much with just a rectangle. Apply an Envelope Distort mesh of no more than three or four lines in each direction. You can always add more later with the Mesh Tool. With the Direct Selection (white pointer) Tool, select a point, move it, and see what happens to the grid. Play with the direction handles by moving them toward or away from their origin point, or rotate them about the point. Do the same with more points to see how you can control the apparent shape generated by the now-curving lines of the original grid. Once you start to feel as though you know what's going on, click with the Mesh Tool (U) on a mesh line but not on a point to see what happens to the mesh. Then click in an open space within the mesh but not on a mesh line. Take note of how quickly it can get very complex. Mostly, have fun, and don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines