• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Graphic Items Shifting in Size

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been creating a library of frequently used assets within adobe illustrator by drawing out graphics (comprised of multiple elements, fills, strokes, and colors) and adding them to a library via "Add Elements > Graphic" button within the "Libraries" panel.

I have one library I've created in 2016, and have been adding to it ever since. I have since moved to a new computer, updated operating systems, updated Adobe CC versions, and changed the name of the library a few times. I've recently noticed that the sizing of some graphics in my library have changed.

For example I have a set of five graphics are all supposed to be identical except for color. When I created this graphic I made it once, copied it a few times, altered the colors and save each one as a graphic within the "Libraries" panel. Now when I drop each graphic from this set side by side in illustrator, two of the five objects are smaller than the rest.

This has happened a few times within the last year and I need to figure out why this is happening. I will have to go through the several hundred graphics and do a quality control screening of all of them to make sure everything is correct, and then I need to make sure they remain unchanged.

Has anyone else noticed their library assets not appearing as they were originally created?

Obviously proving this is next to impossible because the library asset is a live linked element, meaning all instances of it will render as it currently appears. Sadly I do not have any rasterized or flattened files from when the assets were first created to compare side by side with the current iteration of the asset.

The fact that what was previously a set, are now no longer matching is all the proof I need that something is amiss.

Ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe something has changed in how bounding boxes are calculated with the Creative Cloud libraries. So the problem might sit either with the Creatve Cloud assets handling or within Illustrator.

Maybe you can create a bug report on uservoice? Someonewill surely have to take a look at your assets. Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines