• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CTRL+Z not working, saving issues

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a few other threads with this issue, but no clear solution. I'm sure the solution is right in front of me and I haven't discovered it yet. I have  worked with an Adobe support agent who access my PC remotely. I thought the agent had solved the issue, but its back.

For reference I have a PC running Windows 10. Illustrator version 21.1.0.

Here are the issues I am having:

- CTRL-Z doesn't work. Illustrator will not remove my last new performed action. Using the clicking Edit>Undo doesn't work also.

- I can save the document (CTRL+A) and it does save. Less than a second later and without any addition editing, the upper tab with the name of the file shows and asterix showing that changes have been made to the file and it needs to be save again. When closing the document, I always a prompt to save the document even if pressing CTRL+S was my last think I did.

The Adobe agent originally thought it had to do with accessing the files from Dropbox. This same thing occurs to any Illustrator file I open regardless of the file location. I have turned off GPU the problem stays

Help. I really can't work if I can't undo a mistake.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update...

it seems the problem occurs only on specific files. I can't replicate it with a new .ai files (yet).

If, this helps. Still looking for an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Edit >> Undo work, or is only you key command corrupted?

The asterisk typically comes after you first open a file from the date  or location on a linked file changing or even a different version of the exact same font name automatically or manually being loaded. Midstream with the file is open, you must have something on your system that does not belong there, and on windows this is pretty much inevitable.

Restart you computer  see if Ctrl Z works, then start your browser and see if this continues to work.

• If this immediately does not work then something is likely is in your msconfig/registry keys/recently installed apps.
  • If after your browser starts, then go to privacy tab and clear you cookies/cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Edit >> Undo work and Ctrl+z do not work - if I try either of these options and wait for the software to undo, nothing happens.

I will go through these steps and return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried copying the assets to a new document and resaving as new? I'm wondering if there is some legacy aspect that is corrupting them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does undo work in other Adobe apps? Do you have the Adobe cloud installed and up and running?

Are you using symbols, a couple of somewhat recent  posts here

Illustrator - "Undo" doesn't work

Try creating a new user and see if that works.

If not then Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems then reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines