• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Currupted system fonts in illustrator

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a file for a client who uses Times New Roman but somehow illustrator doesn't recognise the standard font. 

smeckdesigns_0-1669286116020.png
It's possible to use TNR bold, italic or bold italic but regular doesn't show up in the list. This seems to be an Illustrator only issue since all the other Adobe programs don't have any issues.

I then tried chosing TNR bold and manual setting it to regular, which does show up in the font style dropdown, but it replaces it with some weird font. 

smeckdesigns_2-1669286428919.png

I've tried re-opening illustrator and even reinstalling it, but all it does is replacing TNR with another weird font. I've also reinstalled the TNR font, even downloaded a new version which also doesn't show up in Illustrator.

Is there some way to repair this or fix this within illustrator?

All apps are on the latest version on a windows 10 machine.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your fonts installed "For all users"?

Do you use any font management?

Are there perhaps duplicate fonts in your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TNR is a system font on Windows, so no rights nescessary and it also doesn't have any duplicates.

The only font management is the standard adobe one, no special ones installed.
As mentioned, this only happens in Illustrator for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @smeckdesigns,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind trying to log in to a different administrator account (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...) and relaunching Illustrator to check if it helps?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines