• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor jiggle

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using Adobe Illustrator again after years of not using it.

What really annoys me, is that the cursor jiggles and flickers when I try to adjust a point. 

Is anybody else experiencing this? Is this the way Illustrator functions these days. It makes it very difficult to adjust lines.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version & system is it?

Which pointing device do you use? An Apple mouse? a graphic tablet? Which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Huion, drawing monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne,

We are sorry to hear about this. Would you mind checking & confirm if closing the other apps that are open helps with the flickering of a cursor or not?

Also, would you mind sharing a few details like:

• OS & version of Ai
  • Which apps are you running simultaneously with Ai?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.

Let us know how it goes.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MacOs Monterey 12.1 and Illustrator Illustrator 16.0. I am using Blender and Photoshop simultaneously.

I just closed Blender. That didn't change anything. I am reluctant to close Photoshop as I constantly jump between Illustrator and Photoshop back and forth.

I just downloaded Illustrator yesterday, thus haven't made any changes. I believe the cursor has been jiggling the whole time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do close Photoshop, just for testing if that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I closed Photoshop and that resolved the shaking cursor. That is very inconvenient though as I always use Photoshop at the same time as I use Illustrator. Is there anything else that would allow me to have Photoshop running simutaniously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines