• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor jump when using wacom tablet

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a "small" issue when using the (blob)brush or pencil tool in AI, with my wacom. I experience a small jump, where the brush size indicator and the brush tool icon seperate for a distance before the brush size indicator catches up with the icon. I the video below, it is screen recorded as a lag with a sudden jump of both indicator and icon jumping together, but in reality, they seperate as show in the picture. 

This only occures in AI and only when using my wacom. I don't have the issue using a mouse, or when using the wacom in photoshop. 

I have tried using CPU preview and closing down the info panel as other post suggest, without luck.

My wacom is a cth-470 and the driver is updated to 5.3.5-5 which should be the latest. I don't think it is a hardware issue. However my graphics card is an old NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, ten years!

photo_2022-07-18_20-43-50.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Hello @andersjohansen,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to share some more info about the exact version of Illustrator and the OS, and since when are you facing this problem?

Also, try removing and re-installing the Wacom drivers and resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appear to be do to some sensitivity. If I move the pen faster, the "jump" become smaller. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @andersjohansen,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you to share some more info about the exact version of Illustrator and the OS, and since when are you facing this problem?

Also, try removing and re-installing the Wacom drivers and resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines