• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Define specific swatch color to stroke using batch processing to edit 4,000 files

New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to batch process close to 4,000 files. When setting up actions, I am not able to apply a specific swatch color (in this case, a swatch named "PerfCutContour") to the stroke. Am I missing something here?

TOPICS
How-to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that swatch already in the file?

What does not work? Recording the step or running the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually the OP on this post. My computer was signed into my step father's Adobe account. The swatch is a Roland Versawworks cutline swatch with Magenta as the color and "PerfCutContour" as the name of the swatch (without quotes). I am batch-processing close to 4,000 files and they're all different shapes and sizes.I own EmojiStickers.com and I sell emojis, in the form of die cut stickers, all 4,000 of them, The single thing that the action will not do is specify which swatch to use during the batch action. It's the last piece of the puzzle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help on this? 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this to work PerfCutContour needs to be set as a global color in all files

Screen Shot 2024-05-31 at 8.17.32 AM.jpg

Then record an action that:

1. pastes in your clipboard with a swatch with the updated color.
  2. in swatches select the good color, then shift select the old color, and use swatches flyout menu to merge colors
  3. The hit delete key to delete selected item you pasted.

Screen Shot 2024-05-31 at 8.19.24 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-05-31 at 8.19.49 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got frustrated and did half the task on 3400 files. One of the files is attached. Now, it seems as my work may be easier? Is there way to batch process 3400 files that will A) make the cut path named "PerfCutContour" swatch and, B) Make the top layer named "Cutlines" and the bottom layer "Artwork"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you post the same sample file showing the desired result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sir! Attached. Thank you so much if you can help 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all of your files have the same pattern (one cut contour and one raster image) as shown in your sample file, it can be done with a pretty simple action.

You mentioned that you already created an action. Can you share it in order to see the missing parts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sir! Attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it's not about getting a screenshot. It's about getting the actual action set file (.aia).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines