• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dell Canvas Pen Issue

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not a lot of info for the newly released Dell Canvas, so hoping someone here can help. So far, the Canvas works great for all apps EXCEPT Illustrator. For some reason, Illustrator only recognizes pen contact less than half the time. It tracks the pen fine, touch works fine, but actual nib contact with the screen does not register. When using the pencil, for example, you have to draw the stroke three or four times before it actually draws the stroke. Otherwise it just acts as if you're hovering the pen over the screen.

No other apps have this problem, but obviously using Illustrator is non-negotiable, so before I return the dang thing, is anyone at Adobe aware of this issue? Anyone who uses other brand tablets come across something like this before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

As a long shot...downloading a Wacom Driver has helped others here before, using illustrator and non Wacom devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

For anyone still having this issue in 2022, and don't want to risk uninstalling the Canvas Pen Drivers as suggested here, I was able to solve my issues by going to Preferences in Illustrator > Devices tab > Uncheck "Enable Wacom".  For whatever reason, that instantly resolved all my selection and pen-drawing issues.  My guess is, Illustrator is expecting some slightly different sort of pen input than the Canvas drivers provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a long shot...downloading a Wacom Driver has helped others here before, using illustrator and non Wacom devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that did it! Just uninstalled the Pen Driver that came with the Canvas and used my old Wacom driver instead. Now works 100%. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew and Ray,

could you please tell me which and how you installed the Wacom driver? In my case the driver shows me a warning not finding a Wacom Tablet 😞

TIA:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the Latest or Previous drivers

I have a Wacom tablet and was just passing the tip on, sorry I cannot help more.

Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ray - found it:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the new Dell Canvas firmware and pen driver updates and Illustrator seems to be working now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got an alert about new firmware just this minute.... Hopefully it works now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with Flash CS6 using the latest firmware/drivers for the Canvas.. which driver did you wind up installing that works with illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only way I've gotten the Dell Canvas to work properly with illustrator is to uninstall the Canvas Pen driver via control panels and install an earlier version of illustrator. (2017 I think.) So technically I have no drivers installed, just using the native windows tablet and pen functionality. Also the pen only works properly in Illustrator if you open documents via the Illustrator menu. Double clicking in explorer opens files but the pen won't interact correctly. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me but it's the only combination that works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone still having this issue in 2022, and don't want to risk uninstalling the Canvas Pen Drivers as suggested here, I was able to solve my issues by going to Preferences in Illustrator > Devices tab > Uncheck "Enable Wacom".  For whatever reason, that instantly resolved all my selection and pen-drawing issues.  My guess is, Illustrator is expecting some slightly different sort of pen input than the Canvas drivers provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines