Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Dialog Boxes closing automatically

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically anything try to open, including Preferences, gets closed down automatically, right before it opens. This includes saving, creating a new file and so on. Every box that has to be opened on top of the program screen gets closed down right after it appears. Tried to reinstall and it didn't work.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The behaviour you are describing here is certainly not normal.

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest. I tried for a moment to dedicate my SSD scratch disk to Illustrator and the problem stopped for a bit, but now is back. Starting to think this is not a memory issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Latest AI version and Windows 11. Nothing I do works and I have to use other vector progams because AI doesnt collaborate with me 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. Tried all versions starting with 25.4.1 till 26.0.1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines