• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dialog Boxes closing automatically

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically anything try to open, including Preferences, gets closed down automatically, right before it opens. This includes saving, creating a new file and so on. Every box that has to be opened on top of the program screen gets closed down right after it appears. Tried to reinstall and it didn't work.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

I solved the issue by closing all chrome windows and other background apps to run only AI, and then I opened the other stuff again. Didn't happen this problem again, but i'll try to do this after. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

I solved the problem by uninstalling the program called "warsaw" on my system. This is a system security program for internet banking transactions. If you have a similar app, it might solve your problem like mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The behaviour you are describing here is certainly not normal.

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest. I tried for a moment to dedicate my SSD scratch disk to Illustrator and the problem stopped for a bit, but now is back. Starting to think this is not a memory issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Latest AI version and Windows 11. Nothing I do works and I have to use other vector progams because AI doesnt collaborate with me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Tried all versions starting with 25.4.1 till 26.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you all to try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

• Firstly, close all the software or services running in the background or run the app in Safe Mode (MacWindows
    • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
      MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
      Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    • If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
      MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe
      MAC: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
      Windows: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
      Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the issue by closing all chrome windows and other background apps to run only AI, and then I opened the other stuff again. Didn't happen this problem again, but i'll try to do this after. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Illustrator with Windows 11. I need to open others apps and I can't use only Illustrator opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the problem by uninstalling the program called "warsaw" on my system. This is a system security program for internet banking transactions. If you have a similar app, it might solve your problem like mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines