• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable brush size preview

Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the new Illustrator CC 2018, but noticed there is now a preview of my calligraphic brushes even though I've set it to 'use precise brushes'. In below example I've used a 10pt round brush and there is a cross as I used premises brushes, but also a round circle which is the set brush size. That disappears when I draw but I'd rather didn't have that att all. When I go to the brush settings there sometimes is an option 'preview' and sometimes not. I don't know if that has something to do with that brush size preview, but when the preview option is visible and I deselect it, that circle or brush shape is still there. You can see in below image that sometimes 'preview' is visible and sometimes not. Anyway: can I disable that brush preview somehow?

cursor.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't.

Please report this to:

Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is that 'Preview' option for that sometimes appears in the Calligraphic Brush Options and sometimes isn't available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I already see. It's to preview when I change settings like roundness on drawn strokes. But anyway: in the 2017 version there wasn't such a preview around the precise cursor wasn't there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there wasn't and it's super annoying now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I love it.

Finally you can see the difference between a 1 pt stroke with a 3 pt Round brush and a 1 pt stroke with a 3 pt Round brush.

Both brush strokes below are showing the same size in the control panel, but now the preview shows the difference.

brush preview.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't screenshot for you because our power is out, but it doesn't work that way with pressure variant brushes/drawing tablets. The previews is one size and it's not even as wide as the max diameter of the stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is not possible to preview the pressure variation.

What should you show when no pressure is applied? The largest, the smallest?

With variable brushes, the preview is in the painting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using CS6 because the "improvements" in the new releases have created so many headaches but I tried 2018 today and the brush preview is awful.  It jumps around instead of tracking smoothly with the brush and I don't need extra crap cluttering up the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines