• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

discover window is too small

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going through the adobe tutorials via the discover window, but the embeded videos are too small. I have expanded the pane as large as possible but you can barely see any of the icons that the tutorial videos click on....come one adobe......This happens for all of the apps. Please help. I like  the feature of being able to follow along in the app but I want to be able to have the tutorial pane full screen on my second monitor so that I can see what the tutorial guide video is doing...

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that there aren't options to show the videos from the Discover panel fullscreen, too. If you search for the video by its name in the panel, it's likely that you'll also find it on the Adobe Creative Cloud YouTube channel where you can watch it fullscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm quite shocked that the problem exists. Adobe should not let this happen. I have found the "Take a Tour of Illustrator" first video on YouTube. The link is Take a tour of Illustrator - Take a hands-on tour of the workspace in Adobe Illustrator. - YouTube.

I will post further links to subsequent 'Adobe Tutorial Discover Videos' which users have, somehow, posted on YouTube where they are at a size to be useful to the viewer, unlike the videos in the Discover panel.

\Adobe needs to be customer focussed and fix this problem, ASAP. Make the videos large enough to watch, or open them in their own window, so they can be sscaled up to a useful size, or post all the Adobe tutorial videos that are in the Illustrator Discover panel in the Illustrator channel of YouTube. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make a uservoice post:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, seriously this is so ridiculous. I just updated to Photoshop 2024 and am seeing this "Discover" microscopic window for the first time. How on earth is anybody with a 4k monitor or higher supposed to use this? You can't fullscreen the video nor can you expand the window horizontally beyond a certain fixed limit. Uploading screenshot so folks can see how baffling this oversight is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jackthegiantslayer,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind trying to click on the Expand button on the video toolbar and checking if it helps resolve the problem?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anubhav,

Clicking on the Expand button gives you a new window, which can be expanded only about 60% more than the tiny "Discover" window. And expanding it makes it blurry, so the still tiny type is all but illegible. Screenshot attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @dmhughes,

Sorry to hear that did not help. Would you mind checking if the resolution and scaling under Display Settings are set to the defaults (https://adobe.ly/3TJfOcQ)?

If they are, try increasing the scaling and then log out, log back in, and relaunch Illustrator to check if it helps.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, by my display resolution is perfect for everything except this one viewer window. Also, this is in Photoshop, not Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is on the Illustrator board and relates to Illustrator. As such suggestions and troubleshooting may not be applicable to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's better than it was, but why on earth are there ANY limits to the window size? This is literally a vector app, capable of infinite scale, so why not just allow us to scale all the windows to the size we freaking need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines